This Privacy Statement informs users of the Union Fitness LLC (“UF” or “we”) website located at www.unionfitness.com (“Site”) about how UF gathers and uses: (i) personal information submitted to UF through the Site, as a part of a user’s membership and otherwise, and (ii) aggregated information collected from the Site. This Privacy Statement and Policy applies to the Site and other UF memberships and services provided to consumers (“UF Services”). From time to time we may update this privacy statement. Your use of this Site and any UF Services after an updated privacy statement becomes effective will indicate your acceptance.
In this Privacy Statement you will find information about the following:
- Collection of Personal Information
- Types of Information Collected
- Use of Personal Information
- Control of Personal Information and Opt-Out Options
- Security of Information We Collect
- Protection of Children’s Privacy
- Enforcement of This Statement
- Links to Other Websites
- DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
- California Residents
- Contact Information
1) Collection of Personal Information
UF collects and uses your personal information to manage and enhance your use and experience of the Site and UF Services. UF DOES NOT SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU THAT COULD PERSONALLY IDENTIFY YOU WITH ANY THIRD PARTY UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY CONSENT TO SUCH SHARING. We may share information that we collect with third parties as provided for herein. However, without your consent, such shared information will be aggregated or modified so that you will not be identified with such information.
We may also use and allow third parties to track your browsing history profile. Such tracking will allow UF to offer you specifically tailored services and products (both of UF and its third party partners). No personally identifiable information will be shared with any third party without your consent.
2) Types of Information Collected
Personal Information. Personal information is information that identifies you, such as your name, contact information, credit/debit card information and other billing or payment information you provide to UF. We collect this information only when you choose to provide it to us. For example, we collect personal information when you become a member of UF or register for our Site.
Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information is information that our technology collects in aggregate, without identifying you. Non-personal information includes your Internet connection, the device you use to access our websites, and tracking data relating to your use of our websites.
Other Information. In addition to the above information, we may collect standard information about UF users such as:
- Email address and UF password (if any)
- IP addresses, browser type and your operating system
- Pages visited on the Site referring and exit pages, and the dates and times of the visits.
- Any additional information relating to you and your use of the Site or UF Services that you provide to use directly through the Site or otherwise provide to UF
- Location data and other information about devices used to access and interact with the Site
- Information that you make publically available or publicly post using tools made available on the Site
- Information collected from promotions with third party companies.
- Information may also be supplemented with additional information from other sources, including publically available sources.
3) Use of Information
Personal Information Use. We do not sell, license, rent, or swap your personal information without your permission, except as set out in this policy or as required by law. We do share non-personal information with third parties.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the products and services you request and to communicate with you about those products and services.
- In some circumstances we may use third party contractors to perform these services on our behalf. In such circumstances, we will only provide the contractor with the information needed to perform the services (for example, name and address if a contractor is delivering a product to you), and all contractors will be required to agree to confidentiality obligations with respect to your personal, non-public information.
- To provide you with updates about major changes to UF Services or policies or to discuss your account or renew your subscription.
- To email you information about other UF services that may be of interest to you. These services may be provided by UF, or our advertisers, partners, or other third parties. You may opt-out at any time from any primarily commercial messages and user surveys by following the opt-out instructions in the email.
- To improve our services and personalize your experience with us.
- To disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name from future solicitations.
Non-Personal Information Use. We use non-personal information for the following purposes:
- To analyze statistical, demographic, and marketing information for product development purposes and to understand usage and traffic trends and improve our relationship with you.
- To allow advertisers to customize content. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers display their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. For example, in the course of serving certain advertisements, some advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser in order to collect information about your visits to our websites and other websites. This information could be used to show you ads based on your interests on other websites.
- To customize your experience on our digital properties, so that you do not see the same ad repeatedly and to provide you with an enhanced experienced based on the type of device you are using.
- To gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
Compliance with Law. We may disclose your personal information when we reasonably believe that it is required by a law or legal process and to protect and defend the rights and interests of UF, its affiliates, suppliers, or users. In the event UF goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
4) Control of Personal information and Opt-Out Options
UF values the accuracy of the information you provide. You can confirm, change, or update personal information you have provided to us by contacting us directly at: email@example.com
If you want to opt-out of communications from UF, you can do so by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you change your mind, you can opt-in again, by emailing this same address. When you opt-out of promotional communications from us, you may still receive service messages (such as an order confirmation) and legally mandated notices.
5) Security of the Information We Collect
We use commercially reasonable physical, technical, and managerial controls to protect personal information from our readers. We cannot, however, guarantee that the information will remain permanently secure. It’s possible that technical problems could cause your information to be lost, or that the information could be stolen from our databases. We are not responsible for any such loss, theft, or other security breach.
6) Protection of Children’s Privacy
8) Web Beacons.
We may also use web beacons, clear gif technology, or action tags as mechanisms to collect aggregate site visitation data by tracking how users navigate to and through the Site. We may also use this technology to track the delivery of HTML email messages. Data collected through this mechanism is not linked to personal information. A web beacon is an electronic image and string of code that is imbedded in a web page or email which allows us to track web page views/hits or the opening of an email containing a beacon. We may use web beacon in conjunction with cookies to track web site activity on www.unionfitness.com . Web beacon tracking by UF does not identify the name or email address of the web user or mail recipient.
9) Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, and we encourage you to review the policies of each site you use. We cannot control the actions of such third parties or be held responsible for their use of any information that you provide directly to them.
10) DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
UF does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may be able to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Third parties that have content embedded on the Site such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Websites from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from the Websites unless you provide it to them directly.
11) California Residents.
If you are a California resident, you have the right, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. Please email requests for such information to email@example.com.
12) Contact Information
We welcome your input on our privacy statement. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 10/28/16