posted on December 2, 2020
Happy Holidays to my Merry friends at Union,
With the winter weather blowing and covid keeping us a little more hibernated this holiday season, the pups and I have debated and compiled an entertaining drop down of movies that are sure to put you in the spirit…of something.
We all know the holiday movie bangers, Jim Carrey’s Grinch, Will Ferrell’s Elf, Christmas Vacation and of course The Nightmare Before Christmas but let’s bust out some deep cuts.
Top 5 Hidden Holiday Gems; Movie Edition
1) Jingle All The Way(1996): Arnold Schwarzenegger is a workaholic dad who has continuously let his son down and promises this Christmas, that he will get him the Turbo-Man action figure, the most coveted toy of the holiday. Arnie has to battle Santa, evil villains and even Sinbad for the toy.
2) Scrooged (1988): Bill Murry takes on a Charles Dickens rendition of A Christmas Carol. A cynical TV executive lives out a wild variation of the 1843 classic and is visited by ghosts on Christmas Eve to help him find his Christmas spirit.
3) Die Hard (1988): Bruce Willis battles terrorists at a Christmas Eve work party and saves the Holidays. “Ho Ho Ho, he has a machine gun).
4) The Night Before (2015): Seth Rogan and his 3 lifelong amigos spend the night in pursuit of the ultimate holy grail of holiday parties. They immediately remember that they aren’t as young as they used to be.
5) Gremlins (1984): An 80s gift gone wrong. Feed them after midnight of a mischievous holiday tale.
Batman Returns (1992): Micheal Keaton, Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer & Christopher Walken star in this gothic action-packed holiday thriller.
The Muppets Christmas Carol (1992): Jim Henson, Michael Caine, Kermet and the gang take on Charles Dickens.
Extra Slice of Pie:
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987): John Candy & Steve Martian star in this hilarious Thanksgiving holiday classic as they battle holiday travel to get home to their loved ones.
Shout out and comment some of your favorite holiday movies, deep cut or not so others can enjoy some of your go-tos.
Cheers my frosty friends!