As per the governor’s announcement today, we are now moving into the green phase of re-opening. What does this mean to us? It means Union Fitness will be re-opening! Before we can re-open, we have some house cleaning to do.
Equipment loan program.
If you borrowed equipment from the gym, we ask that you return it next week. We will have staff in the gym from 12-3 every day for you to drop off any equipment that you borrowed. When you drop it off, make sure the staff checks off what you are returning. If you have issues with drop off times, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work with you.
Our expansion is nearing completion. We were planning on having a party to open this space, yet we feel it is inappropriate to host a large event right now. Instead we are doing a day of outside classes on June 13th. We will have a schedule posted next week for our kickoff. We will have free classes all day and they will all be held outside on our new turf.
Iron City Open.
The meet we host every year has been postponed, and we are planning on hosting this meet in August. Let’s keep our city healthy so we can get back to doing what we love!
Finally, we will have new policies for everyone entering the facility. Here is a list of the new policies we will be enforcing.
Re-Opening Procedures Union Fitness
- Everyone entering UF will have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100 degrees will not be allowed to enter.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 we ask you to stay home and observe the CDC guidelines regarding quarantining periods before returning to UF.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 or become aware that you have been exposed to someone who has the disease we ask that you promptly inform Todd Hamer so that we can have the sanitation procedures recommended by the CDC completed for the impacted areas. We will keep this information confidential and will not identify you. Our staff will be following the same procedures.
- Everyone who enters must first go to the locker room and wash your hands.
- Please respect everyone and wipe down equipment before and after each use using the disinfectant wipes provided by UF.
- All staff will be required to wear masks while inside the UF space. All clients must wear masks when entering and exiting Nova Place, until they are within the UF space.
- Personal equipment cannot be left within the facility until further notice.
- Gym capacity will be 20 people maximum in fitness center, 15 people maximum in strength lab, 10 people maximum in cardio lab and 12 people maximum in performance lab.
- A maximum of 5 people will be allowed in the locker room at any one time. We ask that you do not spend unnecessary time in the locker room. If there are 5 people or more in the locker room, please wait your turn.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided.
Please be patient and understand that we are all getting through this together. We will do all we can to assist our members and work to resolve any issues you may have.
These procedures will be updated as the situation evolves and we receive guidance from applicable governmental authorities.