posted on January 13, 2021
Union, Let’s raise a cup of Joe ,
It has been said loooooong ago in a land far away, that a herd of goats stumbled upon a berry, ate said berry and had a jolt of energy. The goat herder took these berries to the local monastery for the monks to observe. A drink was made with these berries and boom, the nectar of the gods which we call coffee was born!
The Effects of Coffee on Exercise:
1) Caffeine blocks adenosine receptors in the brain which in turn reduces grogginess & smacks the parasympathetic system up, boosting alertness & response time.
2) Caffeine improves blood circulation, which brings oxygen and other nutrients to muscle tissues.
3) A study by old Johnny Hopkins University suggests 200-400mg of caffeine can improve mental and physical performance.
4) Pain in post exercise soreness decreases with pre-training coffee consumption.
5) Coffee has antioxidants which are badass and help defeat evil inside of you.
Now go french press your own, or head on over to your local coffee beanery and enjoy a cup for your health & performance.